Translate

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Andrew's Gym and Fitness Rants: Issue 002

Gym and Fitness Rants: Issue 002

04/09/2019



Family Guy is my Inspiration for this lmao


Hi Everyone

I hope all is well

This is a new mini series within Strength is Never a Weakness titled "Andrew's Gym and Fitness Rants".

Short and to the point with a bit of humour around the experiences/stories I have seen or been aware of over my time spent in the fitness industry.

Hope you find them funny

Enjoy!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rant 002: Not putting your weights away after using Them! 

This is by far one of the eternal sins of mankind.

Not being over dramatic but my god. If you use a weight at least put it back to where you got it from so others can use it.

Not the following;


  1. Leave the weight where you were last using it 
  2. Just fling it somewhere in the gym 
  3. Put it near where you got it 
  4. Put it in the wrong area even tho it is labelled where to put it 


I don't understand, if I was in your house and I went to get your milk, use it for cereal (as an example). I wouldn't then go and leave it in the toilet, or on the sofa or next to the fridge. You would expect me to put it back in the fridge.

It is just guys who do this.

In all my time of working in gyms I have never seen girls leave weights or equipment lying around the gym. It is always the classic late teen early twenty year old who thinks he is Zyzz (which is another laughable joke in another rant).

If any of you young men struggle to put away your 15kg dumbbells for super set shoulder lateral and frontal raises. I will be sure to to call you out in the gym and make you come back to clean it up.

Don't believe me just ask my colleagues at work they have seen me do it a hundred times.

To end this short rant, as Dr Jordan Peterson would say.....




Cant wait to see him this November!! 



This has been Andrew's Gym and Fitness Rants: 002

Thanks for reading, please like, share, comment and follow the page!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Andrew Richardson, Founder of Strength is Never a Weakness Blog





















I have a BSc (Hons) in Applied Sport Science and a Merit in my MSc in Sport and Exercise Science and I passed my PGCE at Teesside University. 
Now I will be commencing my PhD into "Investigating Sedentary Lifestyles of the Tees Valley" this October 2019. 

I am employed by Teesside University Sport and WellBeing Department as a PT/Fitness Instructor.  


My long term goal is to become a Sport Science and/or Sport and Exercise Lecturer. I am also keen to contribute to academia via continued research in a quest for new knowledge.


My most recent publications: 


My passion is for Sport Science which has led to additional interests incorporating Sports Psychology, Body Dysmorphia, AAS, Doping and Strength and Conditioning. 
Within these respective fields, I have a passion for Strength Training, Fitness Testing, Periodisation and Tapering. 
I write for numerous websites across the UK and Ireland including my own blog Strength is Never a Weakness. 
























I had my own business for providing training plans for teams and athletes. 
I was one of the Irish National Coaches for Powerlifting, and have attained two 3rd places at the first World University Championships, 
in Belarus in July 2016.Feel free to email me or call me as I am always looking for the next challenge. 



Contact details below; 

Facebook: Andrew Richardson (search for)

Facebook Page: @StrengthisNeveraWeakness

Twitter: @arichie17 

Instagram: @arichiepowerlifting

Snapchat: @andypowerlifter 

Email: a.s.richardson@tees.ac.uk

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-richardson-b0039278 








No comments:

Post a Comment