Translate

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Andrew's Gym and Fitness Rants: 001



Gym and Fitness Rants: Issue 001

04/09/2019



Family Guy is my Inspiration for this lmao


Hi Everyone

I hope all is well

This is a new mini series within Strength is Never a Weakness titled "Andrew's Gym and Fitness Rants".

Short and to the point with a bit of humour around the experiences/stories I have seen or been aware of over my time spent in the fitness industry.

Hope you find them funny

Enjoy!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rant 001: Attempting a Personal Best when you dam well know you are not ready for one! 

Take the squat for example, I have seen guys throw weights on the bar when they are no where physically and technically ready!!

However, in their own mind they think they can summon the strength of Zeus and lift this weight. Which is probably over 110-120% of their actual max. Rather comical if you ask me.

To add, these are not powerlifters or weightlifters just regular gym goers.......

Cue watching them un-rack the bar and shake like a shitting dog.

Want to see an example of this :)

Video Credit embedded in the Thumbnail



The bar had more range of motion than the dudes knees. At least it achieved some form of an eccentric stretch unlike the individual in the video which he only achieved was an inflated ego.

Judging by the rest of the members reactions he probably lost his gym membership for bending the barbell into a longbow.




My Advice to anyone who is new to the gym and lifting;


  • Strip the weight off the bar. 
  • Low weight and good controlled form
  • Build your base!
  • Full Range of Motion
  • Pain free movements 
  • Low technically demanding movements which you can do
  • Ask for help and advice from professionals 
  • Set smart goals and realistic ones 
  • Don't be egged on by social media trends or friends 
  • Stick the program and test at the end of it to see how far you have progressed




Add in some hard work, good diet, sleep and you will get those results.

This has been Andrew's Gym and Fitness Rants: 001

Thanks for reading, please like, share, comment and follow the page!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Andrew Richardson, Founder of Strength is Never a Weakness Blog





















I have a BSc (Hons) in Applied Sport Science and a Merit in my MSc in Sport and Exercise Science and I passed my PGCE at Teesside University. 
Now I will be commencing my PhD into "Investigating Sedentary Lifestyles of the Tees Valley" this October 2019. 

I am employed by Teesside University Sport and WellBeing Department as a PT/Fitness Instructor.  


My long term goal is to become a Sport Science and/or Sport and Exercise Lecturer. I am also keen to contribute to academia via continued research in a quest for new knowledge.


My most recent publications: 


My passion is for Sport Science which has led to additional interests incorporating Sports Psychology, Body Dysmorphia, AAS, Doping and Strength and Conditioning. 
Within these respective fields, I have a passion for Strength Training, Fitness Testing, Periodisation and Tapering. 
I write for numerous websites across the UK and Ireland including my own blog Strength is Never a Weakness. 
























I had my own business for providing training plans for teams and athletes. 
I was one of the Irish National Coaches for Powerlifting, and have attained two 3rd places at the first World University Championships, 
in Belarus in July 2016.Feel free to email me or call me as I am always looking for the next challenge. 



Contact details below; 

Facebook: Andrew Richardson (search for)

Facebook Page: @StrengthisNeveraWeakness

Twitter: @arichie17 

Instagram: @arichiepowerlifting

Snapchat: @andypowerlifter 

Email: a.s.richardson@tees.ac.uk

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-richardson-b0039278 











No comments:

Post a Comment